Awarded the International Sterling Society Designation
-Top 20% of Coldwell Banker Sales Associates Internationally
Welcome! It would be my pleasure to help you with your purchase or sale of real estate on
Over 22 years’ experience as a full time REALTOR with intimate local area knowledge. I work extensively to help buyers and sellers meet their real estate goals by offering professional, intelligent, low key service. My #1 objective is to facilitate a wise client choice.
As a listing agent in Kitsap county, my extensive marketing plan gives a homeowner the opportunity to get the maximum value for his/her property.
For buyers, I help you search until we find the property that best meets your objectives. Once found we will take advantage of my real estate experience to negotiate the best possible contract.
Nothing satisfies me more than seeing the smiles that come with a successful sale or the purchase of a lifetime.
If you are considering the purchase or sale of a home or would just like some additional information, feel free to call or send me an Email.
The following are a few of many responses over time to a questionnaire sent upon closing by the Broker/Owner of Coldwell Banker on Bainbridge Island to the clients of Norm Barquist involved in the purchase or sale of property. The comments are in response to the last question on the form which states: "We would appreciate your comments. How could we have served you better? Where were we especially good?"
* "Norm is the consummate professional. I appreciate his attention to detail and follow up as well as his knowledge of not only real estate but things to be aware of in taking care of a property in this area. He is the best!" Karen B.
* "Norm and Coldwell Banker were both very diligent, professional and efficient. Norm gets the job done with great pride and class. Please hire and train your agents to take more Norm's Approach: He was patient, kind, extremely knowledgeable about the market and was effective. Thank you all for a very pleasant experience!" Hanan & Kevin F.
* "It has been a privilege to work with Norm Barquist. His kindness and professionalism are unmatched. We deeply appreciate his hard work on our behalf." Renzo & Angela L.
* "Don't ever let Norm retire. Make him work till 80!" Jack C.
* "If you had an "Extremely Satisfied" selection we would have picked that! I wish we had Norm Barquist when we were trying to sell our house in Utah. Norm is the best there is!" Jim & Kathy R.
* "We feel most fortunate in having Norm as our agent. He went well beyond our expectations and has become our dear friend and the greatest ambassador for Bainbridge Island. Thank you Norm!" John & Elaine G.
* "Norm is one of the most ethical persons we have ever worked with. We are constantly amazed by his commitment, knowledge and tenacity. What a great guy - wish you could clone him in all your CB offices! We would never work with anyone else!" Morris & Karen N.
* "Norm is the best Realtor we've had the pleasure of meeting much less representing me. I look forward to having his help in the not-to-distant future." Martin M.
* "In every area an A . Norm Barquist is absolutely "the best in the business"." Dick & Donna W.
* "Norm is such a quality Realtor, so organized, kept us informed when needed, advertising was top notch!" Pat & Kim E.
* "Norm is an outstanding agent! Always available, knowledgeable, personable. I count him as a "family" friend." Rodney & Christy K.
* "We have bought and sold several pieces of real estate over the last 20 years and Norm was the most thorough and honest agent we have dealt with. We so appreciated his going the extra mile during our transaction, thinking of every last detail." Peter & Ann H.
* "Once again (with our family) Norm did a wonderful job. He also went above and beyond to help me get into my first house!" Dave B.
* "Norm is a superior agent. During the several years it took to sell the four lots in the short plat he did a consistently excellent job, thoroughly professional in every respect. Company advertising was excellent. Indicative of Norm's skill is that on three of the four sales he was both listing and selling agent." Mike P.
* "Norm took the time and effort to keep me informed of what was happening, what was going to happen and how it was going to happen. He let me in on some Real Estate Knowledge. I felt very secure during the transaction. Thank You," Kevin G.
* "Appreciated Norm's objective and professional approach to determining value of house and excellent handling of entire process...made competing Realtors look like they didn't know their profession." Rich and Marilyn D.
* "We were originally referred to Norm Barquist by Karen B., a friend and fellow Coldwell Banker agent, and a part-time resident on Bainbridge. In our early interactions with Norm he spent a lot of time trying to truly understand our requirements. He showed us properties that directly fit the requirements as we had stated them, but also spent time showing us some things on the boundary so we had a better perspective of the market breadth and what we could expect in higher and lower price ranges. Norm is extremely capable, helpful and honest, and we immediately established a strong, trust-based relationship with him. This allowed us to trust Norm's judgment in properties that would fit our needs, even if we weren't physically present to look at them. Even though we could monitor and review new listings on the Internet, Norm served as our eyes and ears on the Island. Norm ultimately found the property we now own and lovingly call "Moose Lodge", and helped us through the logistics of a contract negotiated via fax and e-mail which would be contingent on our onsite approval. He assumed a lot of risk doing this, knowing we would be faced with an expensive trip to Washington to see this home. Our decision process was a difficult one given all the challenges we found with the property. Norm's patience and helpful guidance throughout the negotiations were invaluable. And even after agreement on our contract, three very unique and challenging title issues still remained to be resolved before we could culminate the purchase. Norm was a constant source of encouragement, suggested excellent ideas and approaches for resolution of the various issues, and helped us exercise restraint at times when it would have been much easier to take hard nonproductive positions. In the end we purchased a home on the water on Bainbridge Island, at a very attractive price, that we likely never would have acquired without Norm. Norm is the greatest example ever of an agent understanding their customer, and being willing to work tirelessly to assure a positive outcome on a difficult transaction. We could not be more pleased with Norm as our agent and will most assuredly recommend him to others who may be looking for homes in the Bainbridge area in the future." Rod and Sandy R.
* "Norm Barquist is the quintessential professional. He is fair, equitable (representing both seller and buyer) and extremely knowledgeable. By far the best I have ever worked with." Franklin R.
* "Norm is a master in dealing with people." Worth and Liz S.
* "Norm was easy to work with - he was a 'dual agent' and we normally would not have had that situation - However it worked in our favor with his handling of a touchy situation." Stuart T.
* "Norm went over and beyond the call of duty! His warmth and sincerity and honesty made this a very enjoyable experience. He is a real asset!!!" Morris and Karen N.
* "Norm is efficient, reliable, and keeps on top of events. It's been a pleasure to work with him - a genuine gentleman!" Lenore M.
* "Norm is the consummate professional and has the highest level of ethics and attention to detail." Tim M.
* "Norm is the best agent we have ever known. He is truly incredible. Your receptionist was also helpful - giving me info from the yellow pages more than once. Thanks!" Ransley O. and Patti R.
* "When the 'Realtor' mold was made, it was broken after Norm!!! Thank you so very much for going the distance. All our love," Pam and Craig H.
* "I can't even begin to praise Norm Barquist enough. I had complete faith in his integrity and knowledge. His patience, professionalism and warmth carried me through some very difficult times. He is simply the best!" Laura F.
* "Norm Barquist is without a doubt the best-finest-top person that I am privileged to know - His professionalism is a 15 on a scale of 1-10! Your entire Co. should be commended for a difficult job thru a very difficult time for Kris & I. Thank you," Dennis C.
* "Norm is very responsive. Also, we appreciated his calming disposition during a stressful time." M/M David B.
* "Norm's services were exceptional & we will definitely be working with him again in the future. Marie, you said you were referring us to your best agent! They don't come any better than Norm Barquist." Pat and Joe H.
* Dear Marie, as you know my first experience of purchasing a home was not the most successful one, but through that experience I came to know, trust and believe in my realtor, Norm Barquist. Not only is Norm genuinely concerned for his client, but he is also very thorough, ethical and accommodating at all times. He never once made me feel pressured at all. Norm bent over backwards to help find out answers to my numerous questions and concerns. He took a negative first buying experience and made my lengthy search for the right home a most pleasurable one. Marie, I want to commend your wise decision to make Norm part of your staff. I recommend Norm to all who need his real estate expertise. They will not be sorry." Dan K.
* "Dear Ms. Gallagher, as you know we recently purchased a home on Bainbridge Island. We have bought and sold a number of houses in various parts of this country as well as overseas. So we have dealt with real estate agents for a long time. Your agent, Norm Barquist, made our recent purchase a painless affair. He truly listened when we outlined our needs/desires, price range - and he showed us several homes that met all our criteria. He handled the negotiations between us and the seller fairly and promptly. He was professional and reliable throughout our dealings with him. We have never written a letter like this before, but Norm did such an outstanding job for us we felt compelled to tell you. We appreciate all Norm and your agency have done for us." Mr. & Mrs. M.J. T.
* "To whom it may concern, My husband and I, and new baby daughter, are enjoying life in our new home in Suquamish. I should have added that this is also our 'first' home, one which a year ago was a very remote dream! One of your salesmen, Norm Barquist, was, as far as we're concerned, the person responsible for enabling this dream to become a reality. Norm 'went the full mile' to help us out on a house deal that could have only brought him a very minimal commission. Along with being a highly skilled salesman, Norm was especially considerate of our special needs and went over & above the 'call of duty' to get us where we are now. He deserves a very big applause for his outstanding work." Laura, Pat & Anja R.
* NOMINATION TO COLDWELL BANKER CORPORATE, OCTOBER 26, 1998: "It is a privilege for me to nominate Norm Barquist for the 'PRESERVING THE TRUST' award because he is without a doubt the best provider of Customer Service that I have ever encountered in my 21 years of real estate. Whether working with a client who is buying an $800,000 home or one who is searching for a 2 month rental, Norm goes above and beyond on every occasion. He is patient, has excellent communication skills, and quickly assesses the clients' needs and meets them on their own level. He is not only pleasant and makes each client feel special but spends a lot of time being fully prepared, paying attention to details, and making sure that the client's needs are FULLY met. As the many testimonials will attest, Norm is viewed in very high regard by his clients. That kind of loyalty has brought him referral after referral in his eight years in the real estate business to the extent that Norm's outstanding customer service has also evolved into his being the Top Producer in this office year after year. I feel very fortunate to have Norm Barquist on my staff." Marie Gallagher, Owner-Broker, Coldwell Banker, Bainbridge Island